New Website Coming Late Spring 2013!
Womencare is a new organization in Philadelphia. Our purpose is to develop and launch a health care maternity and birth center where all women can get OB/GYN health care services, equal access, safe, quality and inclusive care. We will work to develop a health/wellness center and birth center in Philadelphia which serves all women, regardless of their insurance, income, race, religion or status in our community.
- Many women in Philadelphia do not have viable choices for birth, for prenatal, postpartum, GYN and family planning services.
- There is limited availability of resources for childbirth education, breastfeeding support or information concerning fertility and contraception.
- Hospitals have closed their maternity units in Northeast Philadelphia.
- The large educational maternity units are crowded and have rising cesarean Section rates. Many women do not have the resources or transportation to a birth center or hospital that is mother-friendly.
- When women do go to hospitals in other counties they may not be welcomed based on the color of their skin or insurance status.